Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Funny Valentine

Valentine's Day but I'm still working my ass off. sadly I haven't met mr. right watever. still have to get going with the exam.

top ten romantic films that I'd recommend (my all time favourites)

1. Breakfast at Tiffany's
2. Love Actually
3. Serendipity
4. Atonement (it's kind of tragic but still really good)
5. La Parapluise de Cherbourg
6. Kate and Leopold
7. Moulin Rouge
8. Sabrina
9. The English Patient
10. Casablanca

some are tearjerkers, but hey it's doesn't matter they're still great love stories. : )

Serendipity is really my thing. I believe in fate more than hard work sometimes. and some people are just lucky all the time. lucky in all different ways. if there's really a guy like John Cusack's character, and I really get the chance to meet him like that, and even after 7 years, that's destiny, not conincidence really. I'd really marry him in a second.

Breakfast at Tiffany's is still in my top three list cuz it's just sooo good. light hearted and heartbreaking at the same time. it's about the fear of committment.
when Paul tells Holly that he loves and she belongs to him (that'll be problematic in the 21st century... feminists will be arguing that as sth against females) Holly thinks being in love with someone is locking herself in a cage. but those aren't equal i think. ownership and love are two separate things. when you love someone you technically own them, but literally you won't cuz that'll suffocate the relationship...

these 10 are ten different love stories from ten different points of view. different relationships and teach us a lot about love. "all you need is love" that's what they say in Moulin Rouge. : )




and here's the lyrics to the song that I love. really valentine-ish.

My funny valentine
Sweet comic valentine
You make me smile with my heart
Your looks are laughable
Unphotographable
Yet you're my favourite work of art

Is your figure less than greek?
Is your mouth a little weak?
When you open it to speakAre you smart?
But dont change a hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay
Each day is valentines day

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love your list and agree with it most completely. well done. and i like that these aren't chick flicks but just really well done romantic films.