Tuesday, February 12, 2008

things I like

On the verge of brain suffocation due to immense and uncontrollable cramming of subjects into my brain, I'm constantly getting a vision of my future. hmmm...that scares me a bit actually. I'm getting serious because life is tough and serious now. have to be sophisticated for a while. and think straight.


read a post on imdb about women being crazy and acting nuts from 18-25 while men would continue with that period into their 30s... I think i'm quite insane these two years. and i still have some more years to get wasted, so I'll start getting serious for two more months and fall into the black pit of hope/confusion/dreariness... for another 2 months and get the results. and I'll be free. but growing up isn't that fun. I haven't thought about this for a long time. Actually being a grown up you have to cope with lots of things and that's not easy, at least not like those dreams i used to picture myself as a shopaholic living in paris looking at the eiffel every day.


maybe this time I'll type out the things or people that I like ... at least they motivate me to work and remind me of my good days. : )



  • the 20s and 40s are still my favourite period of time. used to dream about living in that period. i'd rather face war than face school... trying to be honest really.

  • psychological thrillers, and suspense genre

  • Johnny Depp and Tim Burton collaboration.

  • John Cusack just made the list. suddenly have a liking for his films. i used to like him when i first saw him in America's Sweethearts. and I saw it today. not really a great movie, but reminds of me those great romantic comedies in the 90s like Notting Hill. make me smile every time. and he actually did blog in the internet about war and america and hunter s. thompson.

  • everything french or british

  • F. Scott Fitzgerald

  • Daphne du Maurier

  • movies from the 40s

  • vintage

  • poetry, literature

  • macarons (really want to try those from lauderee)

  • aston martins, mini coopers (i'll learn how to drive one day!)
  • joe wright he's really talented.

  • writing (i actually want to be an illustrator for children's books or just an author. but I'm not going to major in lit... anyway if i hv earnt enough after my 30s i'll quit my job and start writing and writing. I want to be a screenwriter as well. I can't act and I always have a thing for movies, so maybe that's the job for me. who knows? that's the good thing of the film industry, different types of talents can find their way into the business as long as they have a passion for films)

I'm a child from another period, my mum used to say. She always says you like old stuff. yes, I guess I like old stuff, and they're nice and nostalgic. maybe I'm really from another time period.


No comments: