Sunday, April 6, 2008

a little poetry reading

Jerocca's blog is about films and cultural issues. quite innovative and inspirational. : ) I especially like her entry on Apr 3 about poetry.


"Poetry doesn't belong to those who write it
but those who need it."
- Mario Ruoppolo (Il Postino)

poetry is fashion.
as seen from the recent trend of blooming flowers for summer. this trend does sparkle when accompanied by a line or two of poetry. things don't get as surreal and beautiful without John Keats' La Belle Dame sans Merci

"...I see a lily on thy brow,
with anguish moist and fever dew,
and on thy cheeks a fading rose
fast withereth too.

I met a lady in the meads,
full beautiful - a faery's child,
her hair was long, her foot was light,
and her eyes were wild..."


a kind of fish tail mermaid dress from Zac Posen

this Peter Som is amazing.
a combination of effortless grace and modernity.


the flower child theme is always making a come back in the summer. reminds me of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream

watched it today, the one with Sophie Marceau, Rupert Everett, Christian Bale, Calista Flockhart, Michelle Pheiffer and Stanley Tucci.

it's dreamy and poetic. it's my favourite Shakespearean play (Romeo & Juliet is classic, but this one wins my heart whenever I read it or watch the film). with all those faeries and Titannia and the dreamy Oberon. sigh.


just love these two. they're comical in there.

having a pre-summer madness right now. it's still not midsummer thank god, or else it will be steaming hot in here. exam's not done, but since I've finished two subjects, so I'd better come here and write a bit of a blog. just can't resist it. anyway have to get on with my studies. big challenge ahead. argh. starting to get restless again.

bonne nuit.

No comments: