Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Two Thousand and 9

Bonne Annee everyone! 
I'm really late, but finally I got some time to type the blog. 

I haven't watched any of the new movies i.e. Benjamin Button, Australia, Revolutionary Road. (really really looking forward to see them when I'm back in the UK) 

watched Reservation Road yesterday. It's a film full of coincidences, fate and angst. and it's a really sad movie. but with good casting. 


will make a change for this year, I'll just post nine of the songs that I've been listening lately and finding them very inspiring. 

1. Breakfast in NYC - Oppenheimer 
2. Venus - Air 
3. Cup of Coffee - Garbage 
4. Simple - Katy Perry 
5. Hot 'n' Cold - Katy Perry 
6. Postcards From Far Away - Coldplay 
7. I Thought I Saw Your Face Today - She & Him 
8. Off The Hook - CSS
9. The Good Life - Frank Sinatra 

Nine seems to be a magical number, idk it's maybe because of the saying that cats have nine lives. Everytime when I watch Burton's Batman (i.e. catwoman) or Breakfast at Tiffany's (i. e paul's book), I just feel the power of the number 9 esp when Catwoman never dies and you could still see her shadow in the background when the film ends. 

but the number 6 is more of my lucky number I guess. 
2009 isn't a good start for me, but I'm hoping things would get smoother by the end of year. and much better : ) 
there are some problems at home, and then there's my own torturing mentality... I just feel this void in me, some part of me being taken away and never filled back in again. although I don't really know when that started to happen. It used to be stress over examination, but now I'm sort of doing fine academically and I'm already in uni, it's just that sometimes I just miss the bygone days. 

We're given a choice when we come to different decisions in life, they may be trivial, but if you miss it or just decided at that moment that you wouldn't go a certain way, would you later regret about your own decision? I tried to do that, but sometimes I just go over and over again to make sure I did the right thing. trying to persuade myself that I made the right decision... it's hard but it's sensible to a certain extent that I made this decision about this twisted relationship of mine that happened two months ago. 

although ending it that night with such assurance and promptness was still beyond me. 

I am a really bad decision-maker. I usually take a long time to decide on things, especially on fashion. It takes me a long time to decide which outfit goes with which shoe and handbag, but it surprises me that I could be that quick when it comes to relationship with men. 

I guess it's just time to move on. I can't just stick with that thought for the whole life. at least not for the whole 2009. 

Je ne peux pas revenir. 

bonne nuit 

Nina 

2 comments:

Romeika said...

I can't wait to see "Revolutionary Road". It really seems like a sad film, and I expect great acting!

SO. said...

honestly, i searched films with fashion in google and found you and wow, good thing i did cause i really wanted to find a blog with my two favorite things which is fashion and film! this is really exciting. i hope to discuss the past, present, and future films with you! and yeah, i just watched revolutionary road and man, it was intense!! but anyways, im glad i found your blog!